The German Section of the Combustion Institute
The German Section serves members from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Applications for membership should be sent to the office of the German Section.
The main event organized by the German Section is the biannually-held "Deutscher Flammentag"
together with the section Energietechnik of the Verein Deutscher Ingenieure (VDI) and the Deutsche Vereinigung für Verbrennungsforschung (DVV). The next meeting will take place in 2021
At these meetings three prizes are handed out:
- Jürgen-Warnatz-Preis for outstanding young scientists in the field of numerical combustion (by-laws)
- Wilhelm-Jost-Preis for an outstanding colleague working in the field of combustion (by-laws)
- Rudolf-Günther-Preis for the lifework of a scientist in the field of combustion (by-laws)
Together with other European sections joint meetings covering various aspects of the science of combustion are organized. All members and the general public are invited to participate in each of these technical meetings.
Members of the Combustion Institute tap into a valuable support network offered through our Symposia on Combustion, conferences and meetings, Combustion Institute-Summer Schools, and scientific publications. The combustion institute currently has a diverse membership of combustion scientists and practitioners from around the world, which include students, professors, industry leaders, private entrepreneurs, and civil services.
Benefits of membership
- Discounts on symposia and publications.
- Student travel awards.
- Collaborate with a strong international community on the future of efficient energy solutions, transportation, and manufacturing processes.