The German Section serves members from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Applications for membership should be sent to the office of the German Section.
The main event organized by the German Section is the biannually-held "Deutscher Flammentag"
in cooperation with the Deutsche Vereinigung für Verbrennungsforschung (DVV).
At these meetings three prizes are handed out:
- Jürgen-Warnatz-Preis for outstanding young scientists in the field of combustion
- Wilhelm-Jost-Preis for an outstanding colleague working in the field of combustion
- Rudolf-Günther-Preis for the lifework of a scientist in the field of combustion
International Conference on Numerical Combustion, 8-11 May, 2022, La Jolla, USA
39th International Symposium on Combustion 24-29 July 2022, Vancouver, Canada
11th European Combustion Meeting, Rouen, 2023
31. Deutscher Flammentag, 19-20 September 2023, Berlin
2021 Rudolf Günther Preis
Prof. Dr. Katharina Kohse-Höinghaus, Professor at the University Bielefeld, has been announced as the 2021 winner of the Rudolf Günther Preis.
Please join us in congratulating Prof. Kohse-Höinghaus!
2021 Jürgen Warnatz Preis
The awardees of the 2021 Jürgen-Warnatz Preis have been announced:
2021 Wilhelm-Jost Preis
Lena Ruwe, University of Bielefeld, now Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt, Braunschweig
Arne Scholtissek, TU Darmstadt
Chunkan Yu, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Please join us in congratulating the awardees!
Prof. Liming Cai, who has been a student and researcher at RWTH Aachen University from 2008 - 2020 and is currently Professor at Tongji University, has been announced as the 2021 winner of the Wilhelm-Jost Preis.
February 2021: The following members of the German Section are elected as Fellows of the Combustion Institute:
Please join us in congratulating Prof. Cai!
- Christian Hasse, Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Fabian Mauss, Brandenburg University of Technology
- Oliver Paschereit, Technical University Berlin
- Wolfgang Polifke, Technical University of Munich
- Uwe Riedel, DLR-Institute of Low-Carbon Industrial Processes
IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE - The information on this site is subject to a privacy and a security notice.